Saturday, June 22, 2013

Cast Some Light And You'll Be Alright

I went through a period of time after reading my last book where I didn't have any money to buy any new books and I just wasn't in the mood to reread any of my other books. I was looking forward to so many new books instead!
So this week my long-awaited book came out - The Ocean at the End of the Lane! Neil Gaiman never disappoints in terms of content. He spins such wonderfully epic tales that draw you in and make you forget the rest of the world. That being said, I spent $25 dollars for a book that had less than 200 pages. And I'm not saying that it wasn't worth it, but for a person who generally lives on bread and water, twenty-five dollars is a little ridiculous.

The next day I started reading The Kite Runner, per my decision in the last post to start reading books with more depth. My mom and I walk 6 miles almost every morning, and I spent the next morning walking around the park, struggling not to cry while I told my mom about story that I was reading. Since I hadn't finished reading the book yet, I also told her how I hoped the book would end. Ironically, the book did end in the situation that I had wished for, but it was not at all how I had hoped it would be. It was easily one of the saddest books that I had ever read and at the same time one that I just could not put down.

On a sidenote: I really hate waiting for books to come out in paperback.

No comments:

Post a Comment